• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Weaver Tactical Scope Review

I've only been to the range twice but so far i'm  happy with my Weaver but keep in mind that the best thing I have to compare it to are my Nikon Monarchs.

Scope=Weaver Tactical 3-15x50 /30mm tube (Model 800363)

Focal plane=1st

Reticle= Enhanced Mildot, Glass-etched

Illuminated Reticle =red & green,5 power levels

Internal adjustment=100"

Weight=27.33oz *

Eye relief=3.98"

Click value= 1/10 Mil

Turrets= Tall & lockable

Side focus parallax adjustment

Zero stop=No *

Price=$699.00 +

The glass is very clear & crisp , I have yet to take it out at dusk/dawn to check its light gathering abilities.

It tracks like a fright train,it goes exactly where you tell it to.I've never owned a scope that tracks correctly before so that really  empressed me.

It's built very rugged but with that comes weight(27.33oz) my set up is more of a bench/sniper type so it doesn't bother me too much. It's actually a bonus for me because as bad as I shoot I might need to take it off a club um to death <laughs> Due to its weight I wouldn't recommend it for a run & gun SBR.

Although I haven't needed it yet the 100" of internal adjustment blows away the competition.

The range of the reticle illumination works good from bright sunny days to pitch black.

The eye relief is very good (4") and it has the quick focus eye piece.

Cons= weight, no zero stop, doesn't come with sun shade.

Pros= everything else.

For those in the market for scopes in the $700-$1000 price range compare it to the more expensive Vortex PST line.

Weaver list this scope for over $1200, if I were going to pay that kind of money I would save a bit more for a Night Force or Super Sniper but the street value is more like $700+ and at that price it's alot of scope for a  great deal, I would highly reccomend it.

RJM, that's all I have for now, hope it helps.

http://www.weaveroptics.com/optics/tactical/

i looked at those leatherwood scopes. people who own them like the ranging but it just seemed funky....and if im not mistaken they are china made.

+1 on weaver tac. love mine, but its the nicest scope ive owned so i dont have anything to compare it to. i can add that its awesome in low light as far as im concerned. seems to actually brighten the target area somehow.  blksheep....any problems with your turret reference marks lining up? i did and i know others have but its an easy fix.

i looked at those leatherwood scopes. people who own them like the ranging but it just seemed funky....and if im not mistaken they are china made.

+1 on weaver tac. love mine, but its the nicest scope ive owned so i dont have anything to compare it to. i can add that its awesome in low light as far as im concerned. seems to actually brighten the target area somehow.  blksheep....any problems with your turret reference marks lining up? i did and i know others have but its an easy fix.

mine's off a hair but not enough to bother me, what's the fix?

the ring with the reference line attached to the scope body isnt fixed...just pressed on. you can move it. i think the final assembly people set them on so they referenced with the turret in the locked position  :cookoo: (thats how mine were) i just set the ring were i wanted it and put a drop of glue on the base of the ring to make sure it stays put.