• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Magpul PRS Stock Longest LOP???

Specifications**

•PRS AR10/SR25 Stock

◦Weight, w/ Rifle Receiver Extension: 1.85 lb.

◦Length, Stock: 10.45-11.45 in.

◦LOP Adjustment: ~39 Clicks (0.026 in. / click)

◦LOP Adjustment Range: 1.00 in.

◦LOP, Min: 14.3 in.

◦LOP, Max: 15.3 in.

◦Cheek Height Adjustment: ~29 Clicks (0.026 in. / click)

◦Cheek Height Adjustment Range: 0.75 in.

Optional Accessories*

•PRS Extended Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.80"

* Optional PRS Extended Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.80" adds 0.50 in. LOP and 0.07 lb. vs. standard pad. Butt-pads are only for use with PRS AR15/M16 and PRS AR10/SR25 models.

http://store.magpul.com/product/27/84

<thumbsup>

Nooooo problem.  Once you get it, you've always got a couple options at your disposal, should you have the need - you'll be pretty close on the LOP max of that stock, so if you need more, you can get that extra 0.5" by ordering/installing the optional thicker buttpad.  That would do it.  Be careful on that, though - Magpul makes a thicker "enhanced" buttpad that works on the other stocks (ACS, MOE, CTR, UBR), but that one won't work on the PRS.  You'd need the one specific to the PRS.

The other option you'll have is:  If you can't make that stock work for anything, someone here will buy it from you.  <thumbsup> ;D

There's a thread in a section at the bottom of the message board that lists a pretty killer deal on the PRS, something just over $160 for it.  If you're .mil or LEO, you can get it from DSG Arms for $178. 

Hi 98,

Thanks for the info,I'm actually an Engineer in the Merchant Marines. I have filled out the member form for Botach and I'm waiting on my status. I have built a few FALs before so the info on DS Arms is interesting! Whats the best deal on a barrel? I'm going to put together my own upper also. Was thinking of getting a Lothar Walther or a barrel a little better than what DPMS offers (Wilson?) Thanks again!

DSG Arms is different than the DS Arms (FAL guys) - DSG is Defense Solutions Group, out of Texas.  They do alot of contract fulfillment to the military, and they sell excess to the public, through the "DSG Arms" side of the business.  They have a substantial military and law enforcement discount, once you get verified with them.  <thumbsup>

I haven't gotten off my butt and done anything with Botach Defense yet (and I need to), but from a few discounted items I've seen from them, they're a little better than DSG Arms on some things.  It's all hit or miss between the two, as far as "best price" goes.  It's almost like it's item by item, but one of those two companies will probably have the best price on stuff you're looking for.  Botach Defense beats DSG on the PRS stock.  I grabbed my UBR stock through DSG and it was $199.  ;D

Hi 98,

Ok my mistake never heard of DSG,I assumed DS Arms? Went to the DSG site and was not impressed with the prices like you said. I can get the Magpul PRS for $200 but $160 would be better! E-mailed Botach last night and have heard nothing from them yet??? I guess part of the fun in putting one of these together is hunting parts? Right?

Went to the DSG site and was not impressed with the prices like you said.

You won't see what the .mil/LEO discount is until you get registered with them - it doesn't even show up until you do that.  It's completely unadvertised until they have you in the system.  Once they've got you in there, every item on the site shows the regular price, what they sell it for (less), then what you get it for as .mil/LEO (even less again)...  <thumbsup>