• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Talked to my dealer today!

How long did it take them to cash the check? Mine was a week followed by 7 months wait for approval.

The check mailed off on Feb. 20th I believe, they cashed it on the 2nd of this month. My NFA dealer is going to e-mail me my info so I can pester the ATF and find out when I'll be getting it. Supposedly the ATF has hired some contractors to do background tasks for their examiners so they can focus on getting their Form 4 wait times down to about a month. I hope that works out for them.

Refresh my memory, did you do the local LEO route or a trust? They just made a change to the form 4's and how they are to be filled out. They are begining to kick back the forms from trusts for name corrections. Their position is now opposite what it was with regards to the aka name. This was a battle my attorney (and other) had with BATFE nearly two months ago.

Refresh my memory, did you do the local LEO route or a trust? They just made a change to the form 4's and how they are to be filled out. They are begining to kick back the forms from trusts for name corrections. Their position is now opposite what it was with regards to the aka name. This was a battle my attorney (and other) had with BATFE nearly two months ago.

The short version is that I went the trust route. I had a conversation with my CLEO and he said he would sign off on my forms, given proof that I could legally own one. He made it very clear that he had no problem with me owning one, so I went the trust route because at the time our CLEO was dealing with a high-profile murder case. I used the full name of my trust in every instance just to be on the safe side, so I don't anticipate that being a problem, but they might find something else to try to nag about, ya never know.

did you do "Matts Cool Trust aka M.C.T"? or is the trust simply  labeled"Matts Cool Trust? Now they want only the aka acronym if you have one.

Not a big deal if they return it. You wont lose your place.

It's the latter, "Cross Research Trust". I decided not to alias the trust with the acronym to avoid any conflicts.