• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

MY long range build

Jgun

I'm not really sure when this will be finished, or even what cal to go with. but in a weak moment I ordered the hanguard I plan to use. In all of the large platform builds that I've done for myself, I've never built one as a dedicated long range gun, so this one will be that. I saw a picture of a FDE gun built using a Kaiser receiver set along with this handguard (modified for the REACH side charging system) and liked the way it looked, so I'm copying that gun (more or less). So now I'm in search of a PRS stock, anybody know where I can find one cheap?

post-164-136297276408_thumb.jpg

post-164-136297276411_thumb.jpg

That is HOT :leghump: I especially like the SWS free float. I debated LONG about whether I wanted the Apex or the SWS. Every time I see the SWS I feel like I made a mistake.

You should see if KMT is still taking orders, or doing work. Then have them do the "reach" modification that YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE IN THE BEGINNING <lmao>

Kaiser Military Technologies (KMT) Inc

639 E 39th St

Yuma, AZ 85365

Phone: 619-987-4764

Yeah, I like these SWS rails. I've got two of them now, and my go for another on my 14.5" 300 upper (whenever I commit). I'll tell you this, although the Apex I have is the small platform one, and my SWS rails are all large platform, I'd say that in general the Apex are lighter, and of course more versitile with the ability to add and remove the rails.

I'd love to try the reach setup, as far as I knew KMT was no more, but I'm going to follow up on the contact info you posted, thanks for the heads up.

On another unrelated topic, I spoke to  LOKI the other day. I was asking about their collapsing stock, the one that appears similar to the Honey badger stock, but LOKi's will fit on a standard AR instead of requiring a proprietary lower receiver. He told me that all they are producing right now are going for complete builds to fill contracts, but once they are caught up, they hope to start selling them individually to the civilian market. That looks like something I'm going to be trying out for sure.