• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Warlord's 300 BLK Pistola

HDWarlord

First firearm that i built assembled from the ground up. Will turn it into a sbr someday, but can't decide if I want it registered to me, or form a trust to put it in. The trust is what I really want to do, but that option has a couple of cons.

1) It will cost more to get a attorney involved. I know it can be done without a lawyer, but i don't want to take that risk.

2) I can't find a lawyer in Indiana that deals with NFA Trusts.

post-1483-136297277279_thumb.jpg

post-1483-136297277281_thumb.jpg

Just curious, are you able to build an AR pistol in your state (don't they require pistol marked lowers) and then convert it to an SBR? Or are you talking about going with a different lower if you SBR it? I was told that in my state (no SBR's for civilians) I could register an AR as a pistol (no stock, but pistol marked lower not needed) and have it added to my pistol license, but it's a one way trip, once declared a pistol, I can't convert it back to a rifle.

In Indiana you can use a pistol lower, or a stripped lower. If you use a stripped lower the dealer has to have pistol marked on the form 4473. No license is required in my state (as long you as you don't conceal carry it). A pistol can become a rifle/sbr in Indiana, but once it's converted to a rifle/sbr, it can not be converted back to a pistol. 

I was told that in my state (no SBR's for civilians) I could register an AR as a pistol (no stock, but pistol marked lower not needed) and have it added to my pistol license, but it's a one way trip, once declared a pistol, I can't convert it back to a rifle.

Jgun, check with your state authorities closely.  The state still might maintain that stance, but all that info changed when the ATF issued "ATF Ruling 2011-4."  With that coming from the ATF, it declared that you CAN convert a pistol to a rifle, and back to a pistol again, as long as the weapon started it's life as a pistol in the first place. 

If your state is telling you that you can't go from pistol to rifle, I'd respectfully challenge the person/authority telling you this information, and present them with a copy of this document:

http://www.atf.gov/regulations-rulings/rulings/atf-rulings/atf-ruling-2011-4.pdf