• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Tactical machine TM-10 build

dezerteryx

so just picked up the stripped lower so i can build to gun and really know how it goes together. ok so what would be a good parts kit that will work with the lower unit?

Sorry, don't know how savvy you are about the TM-10 lower... it's based on a DPMS design.  Rock River has a nice 308 AR lower parts kit.  BUT... there are only 3 (maybe 4? I forget) parts that are different from an AR-15 and a DPMS 308 AR LPK. )So you can pick up any AR-15 LPK you desire.  Then hit Brownells and buy the pieces you need, separately.  Bolt catch release, pivot pin and take down pin.  TM sends you a pin specific to their design for the bolt catch release pivot.  I think that's done to avoid copyright stuff or something.

So, after all that rambling, I don't even know for sure if that's the question you were looking to have answered.

MAG CATCH!  That was it.  So you can buy a standard AR-15 LPK for about $60 and then spend $20-25 on the 4 308 AR specific pieces, or you can track down a DPMS 308 AR specific Lower Parts kit for $85-$90 or so.

Magazine catch is the same as the AR-15 part.  Catch, spring, button - same. 

Pivot pin, takedown pin, bolt catch are different than AR-15 parts, as previously mentioned.  Do not use any AR-15 buffers or buffer springs.  Not even compatible with the .308 AR. 

Magazine catch is the same as the AR-15 part.  Catch, spring, button - same. 

Ah... yeah.  That's right... the mag-catch is only different on the AR-10 and the same for DPMS.  Only 3-parts since the TM-10 includes that set screw for the bolt catch pivot.

Good luck on your build!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...