• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The Nice Lady at DPMS called me!

seagiant

Hi,

Around the first part of June after looking at different options decided to just order a 308 BA-20 upper from DPMS to go with my same name lower. I was told I would be put on a list and it would be 8 months to get the upper. Yesterday the nice lady called me and said it was ready to ship? Of course I whipped the plastic and it's on the way. Ordered buffer,spring and rifle tube from FA and a Magpul PRS stock for $199 from "Russ" at Weapons World. Nice people and he has Magpul Mags on sale for $17 if anyone is interested? No connection and this is my first order!

I'm saleing a M-14 parts kit I have stashed to pay for everything,but when it all arrives should be able to build a rifle! This is my first AR hope I like it!

post-163-136297278138_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Well it seems everyone wants bull barrels and free float HG's! I thought the old A2 look was cool and being left-handed needed the shell deflector! I have never seen a Armalite which is suppose to be at the top of the food chain but was impresswd with this upper as far as quality. The bolt face had some brass on it so they tested it it seems. No info of any kind was included with it? Here's some crummy pics!

post-163-136297278184_thumb.jpg

post-163-136297278192_thumb.jpg

post-163-136297278195_thumb.jpg

Seagiant, nothing wrong with the A2 look and it looks like you have the best of both worlds, you can take the carry handle off and mount an optic if you want. There are no bad looking AR's, we all just have different tastes and that's what makes the AR platform so cool, you can modify it to suit your tastes. These things are kind of like old musclecars, you're the owner/operator so build it into what you want. You don't have to please anyone but yourself! <thumbsup>

Hi,

Thanks,I'm waiting on a Magpul PRS stock to go with it! That will probably look different! I'm 6'8" tall so a beefy rifle does not bother me that much and I want something to fall when I hit it! I'll post some pics when I get it all together probably next week. So far I'm happy!!!