• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Newbie looking for MA-ten

ZOG

i have been lurking here trying to read up and learn what i can to build a Mega 308.

I sold a few of my ARs to build the Mega. I finally get the cash to purchase the monolithic upper and now i hear they are gone forever.

I would like to purchase a Mega rifle length Monolithic quad rail upper.

i have a NIB .556 version and cash or just cash for the deal.

help please.

At this point, they're gonna be hard(er) to find - as soon as GearScout broke that story, these things started disappearing like cupcakes at an obesity convention.

Be careful if you're looking on auction-type sites, because the price gouging will commence shortly. 

This isn't mine (stole the pic), but it's a MA-TEN uper/lower with the DD Lite rail:

sop2003s.jpg

I have a 14.5" 5.56 AR with the DD Mk18 RIS II rail, and that's the same mounting system as the Lite rail - you could club someone to death with this thing, and the rail wouldn't even think about budging...  It's DAMN solid lockup and mounting...  <thumbsup>

DDMk18RISII1.jpg

DDMk18RISII3-1.jpg

DDMk18RISII2-1.jpg

100_0074.jpg

100_0075.jpg

Ive got a 5.56 gun with a Vltor MUR upper on a Mega lower, with the DD Lite rail, and as 98 says, it uses a rock solid mounting design, maybe the strongest that I've seen. An added bebefit to the seperate components over a monolithic upper is that, should you decide that you want to go with a different barrel rail configuration, you have the ability to do it. I'm wondering, do they sell non monolithic MA TEN uppers seperate from the lowers? Another potential benefit, is that, should your rail become damaged, you could replace the handguard without having to switch the whole upper, and finally, a benefit (for me) with the seperate components, is that I can buy the parts one at a time so i don't take such a big financial hit all at once. I was looking at the Mega mono uppers, and to buy one is (was) a decent piece of change.

More good points to ponder and i have looked at the  DD rails and I am impressed. i am starting to lean that way as it would be way more cost effective NOW that people have bought up the mono's in the last 6 days.

they still make the upper and lower just not the mono.

keep the thoughts coming.

What I was referring to when I asked if they sold the MA TEN uppers (non monolithic) seperately from the lowers was that some guys like to build a couple of uppers in different configurations, that they can switch out on one lower. As I recall, when I bought my MA TEN set when they were first released, Mega was only selling them as a matched upper/lower set. I wouldn't mind picking up another upper to build a .260, 6.5 X 47, or similar cal. without incurring the expense of building a complete new gun.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, thanks for all the help and options. I was able to purchase a built but unfired Mega Monolithic rifle. it was assembled from a upper/lower mega kit with Rainer select 16 inch barrel and magpul ubr furniture. I am happy that I got one and I can modify it from here to my liking

thanks again.

Guys, thanks for all the help and options. I was able to purchase a built but unfired Mega Monolithic rifle. it was assembled from a upper/lower mega kit with Rainer select 16 inch barrel and magpul ubr furniture. I am happy that I got one and I can modify it from here to my liking

thanks again.

:wwop:

Nice purchase  <thumbsup>