• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Finished Rifle

seagiant

Hi,

Thought I would show my rifle. Bad pics but you get the idea. I think it's pretty bad a$$ and a AR-15 buddy of mine calls it the "BEAST"

I started out with A2 type hand guards but went to the Magpul Moe series and the Moe hand grip along with the PRS Stock and she has all Magpul furniture with a P-Mag to match. I really like this rifle and it was worth the wait!

I still ned to put on ambi-safety and Knight ambi mag release. Still trying different sling configerations but should have done this sooner!

post-163-136297279008_thumb.jpg

post-163-136297279015_thumb.jpg

Thanks Gentlemen,

I used the stock trigger but have the Powers Series 2 jig and adapter for the AR-15/M-16 trigger and sear. I went in and polished the major angles on the two parts then put in a 45 degree break-away angle on the trigger sear then cut down the hammer hook to get rid of creep. It is ALOT better. Not as great as a $250 custom deop in but pretty close for the money spent and the effort. Luckly,the hammer and triggers in ar-15's are easy to take in and out!

post-163-136297279061_thumb.jpg

post-163-136297279066_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I thought I would up date a little. I went to the range with my new trigger job and had problems! Even though the trigger felt nice at the bench when I actually started  firing it,it would double!

This really bummed me out as I was trying to get a DECENT trigger without going to the $250 route. I went all over the WEB and finally heard about Spikes Tactical Battle Trigger. It is a regular trigger that has been redone and then the trigger and hammer are boron nitrided (sp)

Gentlemen this trigger is $60 and the best money I have spent yet! Spikes is a little ways down the road and I'm glad I went and got one! If your looking for a nice trigger without breaking the bank this is it!

Hi,

That would appear to be the case! The pursuit to get as much creep out as possible was just to much! I'm very happy with the Spikes trigger but a little  disapointed in my work! Well..thats how you learn and I'm smarter than I was about AR-15 triggers. I'm now gathering parts for a .223 build and a Spikes trigger will go in that!