• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

can someone tell me what this means?

shepp

this is my second order from a company called weaponstickers.com they were running a special over labor day weekend so i ordered some more. and they sent me some free ones

WS.jpg

this one im unsure of anyone know what it means? it was one of the free ones they sent?

weaponstickers.jpg

thanks

neal

Ahhh, the famous Greek phrase, pronounced molṑn labé.

Molon is an Ancient Greek (masculine, singular) verb meaning "to come". Labe is a Ancient Greek (2nd person singular, from the root verb lambanō) verb meaning "take them"

Translating  Ancient Greek to English is not an exact science. The basic gist of the phrase means "Come and take them" or just "Come take them"

The phrase was reportedly the defiant response of King Leonidas I of Sparta to Xerxes I of Persia when asked to lay down their arms and surrender' date=' at the onset of the Battle of Thermopylae (480 BC).

Instead, the Spartans held Thermopylae for three days and, although they were ultimately annihilated, they inflicted serious damage upon the Persian army, and most importantly delayed its progress to Athens, providing sufficient time for the city's evacuation to the island of Salamis. Though a clear defeat, Thermopylae served as a moral victory and inspired the troops at the Battle of Salamis and the Battle of Plataea.

The source for this quotation is Plutarch, Apophthegmata Laconica, 51.11.[3] This work by Plutarch is included among the Moralia, a collection of works attributed to him but outside the collection of his most famous works, the Parallel Lives.

This phrase has built up a fiery popularity with the 2nd Amendment crowd in reference to the possibility of the Government attempting to issue more gun control. It stands for a strong sense of "personal freedom and the individual right to self-protection"

Thank you!

As you can tell from the other stickers they are very much pro second amendment.

Boss let's me run the "legalize freedom restore the constitution" one on my work van along with my hammer and sickle anti Obama wonder if he'd have a problem with the "gun controls bullpoopy" one lol. We do alot of work behind the iron curtain aka Madison wi, as many scowls I get there I get alot of thumbs up helps me regain alil faith.