• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

devils lake state park WI

shepp

well they aint exactly EAA pictures but i thought i would share since the last time i posted there was some intrest :D pretty cool part of wi about 30 min north of madison, huge quartz bluffs on the north and south side of a 48' deep kettle lake. in the 30's a group of men laid steps up a few of these bluffs in fallen rock. it gets pretty sketchy at some points but its beautiful.

the body of water in the fare back is lake wisconsin (actually a flowage and part of the wisconsin river

IMG4567-M.jpg

the steps are laid in that mess at the bottem

IMG4562-M.jpg

IMG4517-M.jpg

these are from a hike on the next day that went up a stream bed carved out over thousands of years thru sand stone

IMG4596-M.jpg

brook trout in a small pool

IMG4611-M.jpg

IMG4624-M.jpg

IMG4635-M.jpg

the rest of the gallery

http://nshep79.smugmug.com/Other/devils-lake-sept-12/25504361_3QtwTf

thanks

neal

up by points nice, flat but nice. as for kenosha its a poop hole LOL i call it the center of uranus of wisconsin LOL. first time i worked there we asked a cop where the hotels were he told us to stay out buy I94 jsut dont stay in the brown one thats where all the hookers and coke dealers are. few years later i watched a truck drive thru one of the rooms at that very hotel LOL