• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What's Your Multi-Tool?

planeflyer21

I have a leatherman MUT and its worth drooling over in my opinion. I got the best deal shopping and taking my time on ebay. Paid 120.00 shipped.

Currently using my new OHV from leatherman and am liking the spring assisted pliers. Feels very solid. Planning on getting another to pair up with my MUT on a vest.

Currently have a Leatherman Blast.  I think I've pretty much used most of the models out there, over time.  Original Leatherman when I was first in the Army.  Went to the Gerbers with the sliding pliers for years and years, both the silver ones and the black oxide ones.  I still have a good SOG somewhere - it used to get strapped down to the rear rollbar in my Jeep, so I always knew exactly where it was.

In reality, there are so many options out there, with so many models, that you can't go wrong with any of them, as long you're happy and find the one with the options you prefer.  <thumbsup>

Swiss Army Knives are another sickness of mine - I always carried one of those things on my belt - the bigger the better.  <laughs>

In the knife catagory all I have for utility is a Mauser, issued to German troops for awhile.  The ultimate in simplicity.

All it has is a Victorianox clip-point blade, a Mauser blade that looks like a miniature Bowie, a screw driver/bottle opener/can opener/saw, and on the back are a cork screw and an awl.

Jon