• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PRS stock help...

So a while back I scored a DPMS LR308 lower. Now, I am not an AR guy, but have the LPK in hand and I have ordered a Magpul PRS stock for it. I need a tube, buffer & spring... I think it is the A2 length, so would this work? http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=5...Completion_Kit ?

Building my own upper is an option as I have the barrel wrench and upper vice mount, but will probably purchase a ready built. I do not think I could save any money building my own, but it would be a good experience...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

-two shoes

That link doesnt work. You need a .308 specific buffer and spring

Heres are two spring options at Brownells. I use the Superior Shooting Systems springs in everything now.

Superior Shooting Systems

SOG

I dont recall seeing a .308 buffer other than the endine at Brownells

The part numbers for DPMS parts are in other threads as is info on Slash's buffers

In a nutshell, you'll need:

* an A1 length buffer tube,

* a .308-specific rifle buffer,

* a .308-specific rifle buffer spring,

...and the PRS.  There are two versions of the PRS out there - AR-15 and AR-10.  Slight difference, but you need the AR-10 PRS; if you have the AR-15 PRS it can work with slight trimming, but some people don't like the look of that.  I won't get into the details of it, 'cause you probably ordered the AR-10 one..  ;D <thumbsup>

There are two versions of the PRS out there - AR-15 and AR-10.  Slight difference, but you need the AR-10 PRS; if you have the AR-15 PRS it can work with slight trimming, but some people don't like the look of that.  I won't get into the details of it, 'cause you probably ordered the AR-10 one..  ;D <thumbsup>

98Z5V,

I did get the AR-10 one and it arrived today!!!

imshur,

That was the thread I read when I was still lurking and ordered my stock. I can say thanks enough for eveyone's help.

-two shoes