• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AK Stuff

planeflyer21

What about the Mini14 or the M1A versions? Can they be used?

Not for the amount of work I want to do on it.

The AK is a BWK-47, that was imported by B-West with one of the cheesy thumbhole "sporter stocks".  My Dad worked with the actual importer on a deal before the ban and got burned, when the pistol-grip rifles were stuck on a freighter off the coast of Cali and not allowed into the port.

Fast forward, a lady got widowed and asked a friend of mine to clear out the firearms.  All she wanted was the price on the receipts.  So I picked this up for $250.  8)  With five .223 30-rounders at $10 each.

First range trip, shooting quite well, then all the sudden I was like "I don't remember that yard-long-half-a-yard-wide fireball before..."  The flash hider had been epoxyed on and shot off.  The diameter of the muzzle on these imports had  the threads machined off, to a size not easily threaded.  That's why the search for the special front sight block.

Picked up the Kvar furniture set, stock and pg work great, the front end not so much.  The Mid West Industries forearm set slicked that mess up nicely!

I really should purchase some more machine tools.  Then you guys could invest in billet and to hell with what they ban.

Jon