• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Crikey!!

planeflyer21

Well I went to Sportsman's Warehouse a couple of years ago on Black Friday.  There were maybe 15 people there.

So this morning, after consuming a pot of coffee, I said to myself "It was pretty mild a couple of years ago.  I'll leave in time to get to Sportsman's right before they open."

Pulling into a nearly full parking lot, we (the dog went with me) parked by the street and commenced the joy-hike to the still closed front doors.  A line of people 3 and 5 people wide appeared to stretch for about 75 yards along the north side of the store and into the unlit parking lot on the side of the building.

The doors opened and the rush flowed into the store.  The dog and I hung out, waiting for the line to finish...which was a while, as the line that extended into the darkness kept coming and coming.  My guess is it was actually about 150 yards long when the doors opened.  Before half of it was in the store, the first customer to make a purchase...a petite dirty blond lady with long hair...came out pushing a cart with a smoker in it.  Someone scored!

Going inside, Ducks Unlimited had their raffle set up right inside, so we stopped to talk to Frank, who is also the shooting coordinator with the Boy Scouts.  He had already set up the next event with our organization SAFE, so into the jaws of the beast we went!

With the main aisles crowded and the registers already PACKED, we darted into camping able to avoid the bumrush right up to the back of the group IN CAMPING, waiting to get a turn at the wholly unaccessable Gun Counter!  Jetting back out to the main aisle on this side, and forcing against the tide of customers with only one or two rifle cases in their arms I began to wonder why none of them had Voodoo cases.  Crappola if they were out already!

Then...rising from the sea of people, in the center of the main aisle...a cage FILLED with nothing but black-only and FDE-only Voodoo Double Rifle cases!  Alas, only the 42" but still $30 off!  Grab two, check...straps are there, check. Back up to the front!

Going back to the front was like surfing, ride the wave of people, rifle cases in one hand, dog in the other!  No lines at customer service, bypass the 15-people lines at each of the 8 registers, and wait behind the one party each at each of the two registers there.

"Anything else besides the rifle cases?"  Why yes, now that you mention it, I need my 2013 hunt/fish license.  That didn't endear me to the angry mobs forming behind me.  While we were filling out the license, I'm pretty sure the dog stole this toddler's breakfast out of his hands.  He didn't seem to care but the mom was giving me dirty looks.

So Tom has a FDE double rifle case by Voodoo, if he is willing to settle for the 42"...but he owes me another lunch anyway at La Casita!

Jon