• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Stolen catalytic converter?!?

Madhouse

duce hopfully your family member got their poop straightend out. lost a cousin to an OD 3.5 years ago, he was like my little brother i was raised with him which was pretty hard. then there is a girl who once was my cousin from the other side of the family. doc signed a piece of paper saying she was "bipolar" so now her lazy ass is on SS well has been for years, steals from my grandparents takes them for granted and is all around worthless........

Sounds sad.

My sister got it together but my brother only got worse. I am not expecting him to be alive 2 years from now and frankly, I am not expecting to cry at his funeral. Believe it or not, there are things your own family can do to remove all love and bonds with them and my brother has done most of them.

I seam to recall bipolar disorder rating one of the higher disorders for suicide rates, though not as bad as some better known disorders (ADD/dyslexia is the worst if my memory is correct). It's a very real disorder and the people who have it struggle.

The problem is that people very loosely claim to have these disorders (ADD/Dyslexia, bipolar and turrets being ridiculously common) to the point that everyone treats it as though it's just an excuse for belligerent or negligent behavior

I suspect that 200 years ago, things like Bipolar and ADD/Dyslexia didn't matter that much. George Washington for instance supposedly had ADD/Dyslexia. Having ADD/Dyslexia myself, I can tell you the biggest hardship is that the way today's world works and the way our academic language is laid out is simply not compatible with the thinking process. What you get in the end is an invisible handicap. Psychologically speaking, it's sort of like being asked to do standard manual labor with a broken or lopsided leg and being accused of not trying hard enough when you collapse. I'd put money on this being the overwhelming factor in the deficiencies extremely high suicide rate.

I have known several people who had genuine cases of bipolar disorder. These are NOT people who are just lazy about getting their emotions under control. It kinda reminds me of turrets. They really seam like something just snaps in their heads and they go off before instantly snapping back. It's aggravating but I also don't think these people really have the power to do anything about it. But in these people I DO see that same frustration that is common with folks with ADD/Dyslexia.

I don't know what this lady's situation is, but if there's a likelihood that she really is bipolar, be careful judging her. Not everyone I've known who was bipolar is still among the living, and those who are now dead all died of the same cause. Like the seasonal flue, these disorders are not only real and impairing but also far deadlier then the public at large thinks.

I don't know how it works for bipolar but for ADD/Dyslexia, trying to keep your head in the rest of the world's track is almost exactly the same as trying to hold a thought while you are exhausted and barely conscious.

I would imagine bipolar people probably face the emotional equivalent. No matter how hard you try, your brain just won't let you stay in line.

I think the great error here is that our society strongly, sometimes even violently refuses to co-exist with these psychological deficiencies (I think differentiations is probably more accurate) despite all the recent media they've been getting. So, in many cases, we choose to drug them and/or warehouse them rather then find a use for them. And I am actually in the process of writing a report that more or less proves it's one of the major culprits to why we are having so many civil and financial problems right now.

If we think it through hard enough, I am sure we can find some uniquely productive uses for the bipolar disorder as well as all the others.

She's a junkie a thief and a liar, shes never worked for a damn thing her whole life. it's unfair that you have nice things and she don't. Idk what her deal is actually, I don't want anything to do with her. But she's had plenty of chances to fix her life and she's either f'd it up one way or another or completely poop on the person that was trying to help.