• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Cabela's 2 weeks ago... Cabela's today...

Hit up the Glendale Cabela's 2 weeks ago.  Man, if only I could predict the future.  I walked out $650 poorer, anyway.  Grabbed another plastic ammo storage can, FIVE 50-rd boxes of Black Hills Mk262 "seconds," a bunch of .308 Win in many different flavors, and some good 30-06.  Once I had that little green can packed full, I figured that was enough for the trip, and hit the cashier...

Now, today...  There was not one single AR on the shelf.  The Glendale Cabela's always stocks the hell out of POF, too, since they're local to the store.  Nothing.  Not one AR mag, of any capacity.  No .223 Rem, 5.56 NATO, .308 Win or 7.62x51 ammo.  Well, I think I did see some 36gr varmint rounds for .223, and some 120gr Barnes loading for .308 Win.  Everything else was gone.  Oddly, there was plenty of pistol ammo, unless you were looking for .45ACP - that was GONE.  All of it, from all manufacturers.  .40 was there, 9mm-a-plenty, various other pistol calibers.  Surprising, that any was there at all.

Last year, I hit up the store on Xmas Eve - big mistake.  It took me over 2 hours just to buy a scope, and I went in there knowing exactly which one I wanted.  I wasn't about to try that this year, so I hit it today.

Big, big difference comparing today to 2 weeks ago - and Xmas didn't have poop to do with it.  :o

Forgot to mention what I DID manage to get today...  I was after reloading supplies.  There was NO Varget to be had. I grabbed two boxes of CCI 200's (2k, total) and two pounds of Accurate 2495 powder.  Along with that was another dry storage box, and a nice Lyman case-prep multi tool (inner/outer case mouth deburring tools, large and small primer pocket cleaners, and chamfers). 

This little beauty:

135615.jpg

That's a nice looking tool! Need to see if i can find one of those.

You're looking for this thing, right here, man:

http://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman/case-prep/case-prep-multi-tool.php

MSRP from Lyman is $26, street price at good stores is $20~$22 (it was $21.99 at Cabela's).  DON'T get it from Flea Bay - gougers are asking $35-ish for it there.  Gougers suck. 

The pickins were slim for .30 cal projos here in Glendale today.  Not much at all, and definitely not in any weight that I was looking for.  The only .224" projos were the super-light stuff, too.  The only ones that were even decent were Hornady 55gr FMJ boat tails, and I wasn't about to pay $13.99 for a hundred on those things. 

In the past, I've walked by the .224" 500-rd boxes of Sierra Match Kings in the 69 and 77 grain.  They were always around $105 and $120, respectively, for the 500 box.  Those were nowhere in sight today, and I'm wishing I would have bought a box every time I was in there...  :-[