• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sniper Scopes? (The brand)

Found this on amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005D9HZ1K/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1HZY90HEPA6YB

It has some great reviews but the makers picked the wrong name to give their product line (Sniper) making it very hard to track them down since any search brings up either sniper scopes (in general) or the "not to be confused with" super sniper scopes.

So, I am just wondering if anyone here has any experience with them.

I know. I am just looking for a "hold over" optic that's better then the $35 red dot junk I have now. That thing is just barely within what I can afford ATM.

But I am also going to eventually replace most of my .308 rifle with higher quality components. Once that's done, I intend to build a second "back-up" rifle out of the replaced parts. Whatever scope I get now will probably go to that "backup" rifle. So that is part of the thinking too.

In the long run, there's a good Bushnell scope FS across the road that I really like but it's a ways beyond my current budget.

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't go near that thing. Probably Chinese made with low grade glass & will it hold up?

I am happy with my SS 12x42 mil/mil. It's built very well for the money and the glass is decent. Turrets work like good quality and the Milquad reticle is nice and it's useful.

The cheapest scope I would go with for "tactical" applications is an SWFA Super Sniper.  I have one in 10x, and they are known as the standard in beginner's tactical scopes.  After that I would go Weaver Tactical Series or Vortex, then up toNIghtforce, S&B, USO, Hensholdt.

You do get what you pay for.  There is a reason the better $300 tactical scope is fixed power.

• 1 month later...

I'd stay away from that "sniper" scope. There's lots of good tactical scopes in the $400-$800 price range. Nikon ,Vortex & Weaver all come to mind.Stay away from the Chinese made crap.

^^^^^^^^^^ I agree and stay away from the infamous counter sniper lol. 

Edited by Zebra644