• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

assault rifle

charlie52usaf

:cookoo:

Hello everyone. Been awhile since i have posted, but just wanted to say something. How many of you are tired of the ar-15 being called an assault rifle?  Rise your hands. The ar-15 is no more than a civilian version of the m-16 rifle. Capable of single shot each time you pull the trigger. But you all know that. I carried an m-16 for 7 and 1/2 years in the air force and never once was it referred to as an assault rifle, it was always just a rifle. Even the m-4 was called a rifle even though it is a carbine. If the military can call it just a rifle why are the people who represent us allowed to call it an assault rifle. A flash hider, bayonet lug, pistol grip and or a collapsible stock do not make an m-16 or ar-15 an assault rifle. I will shoot someone with it not beat them over the head with it. I wish i knew someone good with words, who could set up a letter to send to all gun haters and the people who work for us that would explain to them in simple terms what the meaning of assault really was and how it does not apply to the ar-15 or any other rifle that they are trying to ban. I think we have more stupid people in government now than any time in our history. I like my ar-15 rifle. How about you?? Bet you don't want it banned either. Not that i plan to turn mine in. Gun control is not about banning weapons, but about shot placement. Just wanted to put my 2 cents in. Thanks for listening.

P.S. Anybody good with the written word that we can all sign and send out i will be happy to sign and send out to our elected officials.