• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New fodder for the cannons...

bobke

Brand new to this site-and glad to have found the resource.  Picked up a new to me GA AR10 that I'm in process of climbing up the learning curve with.  Much to be gained here.  Have 223 and Grendel AR's, but wanted something of both a challenge and new project, and more readily accessible components, should we ever have to tread that path.

My good fortune is that first handload tried with Varget and 155 Scenars was impressively accurate, but have Geissele HiSpeed Match or DMR going in this weekend, 3-15 Weaver EMDR mounted and handful of components on the way to keep up with loading trials.  Liking everything I'm seeing, and if it keeps shooting like it has, GA rep is well deserved.  Hope you don't mind a newb plumbing a bit of ya'll's wisdom and knowledge.

Thanks for the welcome.  The GA is a Sniper's Hide Armalite from around 2006, built by Eric Reid.  1:11 Schneider 21" poly barrel, Badger handguard, A2 stock and I'm going to try a DMR trigger before I go to Match and see how much difference can be tuned into either and still be safe in 308.  Have Match HiSpeed in a Bartlein Grendel and had to adjust a bit, relative to SSA-E, but in truth, they're both damn good.  I'll have a double of the Geissele KoolAid, please.

All said, appreciate the welcome.  Look forward to making some form of credible contribution to the pool of knowledge presented here.  Thanks.

Have to brag on my 31yr old daughter and new to me AR10.  Had a bunch of her friends out to shoot at the ranch and queued her up to shoot AR at measured 490 yds.  First two were hits on 6x12 plate, third a near miss.  She's a good shot, just doesn't get to often enough.  Think that may be changing.  She delivered.  GAP10 delivered.  Nice weekend.

Have to brag on my 31yr old daughter and new to me AR10.  Had a bunch of her friends out to shoot at the ranch and queued her up to shoot AR at measured 490 yds.  First two were hits on 6x12 plate, third a near miss.  She's a good shot, just doesn't get to often enough.  Think that may be changing.  She delivered.  GAP10 delivered.  Nice weekend.

Those days make life grand!  <thumbsup>

Jon