• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

DICK Blumenthal 12-27-2012

imschur

This is what the ass-hole blanketed CT inboxes with last month. Tomorrow he, ass-hole Chris Murphy and Frankenfienstien will announce the AWB

Dear Friends,

Earlier this month, a tragedy befell the community of Newtown, Connecticut. I have spent most of these past few weeks in Connecticut and will never forget the sights and sounds of a grieving but strong and resolute, tight-knit community.

I first learned about this incident in the midst of a normal day. As the details mounted, I left Hartford to go to Newtown and to the firehouse in Sandy Hook. I arrived there as a public official but what I saw was through the eyes of a parent. The firehouse in Sandy Hook is where parents went to find out if their children were okay. The way they found out was that their children appeared – or they didn’t. And after a while, some of the children came, some were reunited with their parents there or at the school, and their parents took them home, and, sadly, others did not.

After that day, I was in Newtown many times, attending a local board of education meeting with town, state, and federal officials, participating in church services, funerals, and vigil memorials including one joined by President Obama. I spoke with police, fire and emergency responders and participated in a meeting of Newtown teachers and leaders. I observed acts of kindness and caring, large and small − too numerous to mention − showing remarkable solidarity.

Again and again, people in Newtown and across Connecticut have beseeched me: Please do something about gun violence. Indeed, Newtown has prompted national reflection and a call to action all around America. It is the right time to ask what we can do to prevent future tragedies. I urge all people who share that view – that we need real change to make America safer – to make their voices heard.

I will work to keep faith with the Newtown community and find a solution to this crisis that is rooted in common sense. I will work with the President, and my colleagues in the Senate, regardless of party, and with any organization that is willing to engage in a thoughtful, constructive discussion about the steps we need to take.

Here are some necessary steps:

[list type=disc]

[*]We must do something to effectively ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.

[*]We need to better prevent mentally ill people and criminals from having access to firearms.

[*]We need to close loopholes that enable 40 percent of all gun sales to be made without background checks.

These is no single, simple solution, but our nation clearly can and must do something to stop the vicious spread of gun violence that victimized 20 young, beautiful children and the professional educators who courageously sought to protect them from this horrific massacre.

Thank you for your support for Newtown – and all of Connecticut – during this difficult time. This is my commitment today. To do something. In fact, to do everything I can as a Senator to prevent the next tragedy. As a former law enforcement official – and as a father – I cannot do less. I know there are some who say that we can never do anything about the problem of gun violence, that we are entrenched as a nation, that we will just continue to wring our hands after every massacre but never take action. And yet sometimes events happen that so horrify our country and our fellow citizens, that they change the nature of the discussion. They change the political ground under us. They are a tectonic shift. And I believe that the massacre of these innocent children and their loving teachers in Newtown is exactly such an event. This is our moment and we are the people to do it. And with your help we can and we will.

And so it is with eyes trained on a better, safer future, my family and I wish you and yours a blessed and peaceful new year.

Blumenthal was the AG here for decades. He was instrumental in our 93 AWB here in CT.

Heres what I blasted off in a moment of anger

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not surprised CT will attempt to copy California’s failed gun control  and economic policies for that matter.

I am very disappointed with you Mr. Blumenthal.  I voted for you. I thought you would be different in Washington. I was mistaken.

You know perfectly well that a semiautomatic AR15 is absolutely no functionally different than a Remington 750, Browning BAR or a Remington 1100 shotgun etc. In fact these firearms  are  MUCH MORE POWERFUL. AR15 shoots a cartridge designed for varmints, can’t even be used for deer in most jurisdictions.  I know you know better. To lead the public to believe these are automatic or select fire weapons is disgraceful.

It’s my position that if folks are blatantly lying to the public about firearms it is of great concern to me. If they are not lying and just that naïve speaking of things they know nothing about  that even scares me more.  If you think AR15’s and High capacity magazines are the issue. You will certainly never contribute positively to discussions of budget, national security and the general welfare of  American citizens.

I find the politicizing  and the rabid media coverage of this tragedy absolutely disgusting. Thank you for giving me a reason to upgrade my NRA membership to a life member. I will also be donating to the NRA ILA every chance I can afford too as well as Connecticut’s own pro 2nd amendment groups .

The old adage of common sense is not so common is proving to be the case here in Connecticut and Washington.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this further. I would gladly help you or anyone understand the facts.  I will even by lunch. My treat.