• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Daytona Car Wreck

imschur

Turned it on right after the previous crash, my aunt text me to tell me pastrana just made it thru. Them boom 100 yards from start finish that poop holy hell I hope everyone in the stands is ok. Girl I used to knows nephew was killed by a flying tire in Rockford Il

You have to give it to the big liege racing industry for keeping casualties down as much as they have. In the 1st half of the 20th century, racing was practically considered a blood sport, and you became a spectator at your own risk.

But after the Le Mans disaster, they really stepped up safety for both drivers and spectators. Nothing is free of danger anymore, especially car racing, but they really did a job of bringing it down.

You have to give it to the big liege racing industry for keeping casualties down as much as they have. In the 1st half of the 20th century, racing was practically considered a blood sport, and you became a spectator at your own risk.

But after the Le Mans disaster, they really stepped up safety for both drivers and spectators. Nothing is free of danger anymore, especially car racing, but they really did a job of bringing it down.

Of course those of us that watch racing and have for a long time understand that watching a race has some risk but so does going to the store to get a loaf of bread and as you stated racing has gotten a lot safer than years past.  But in true fashion the MSM will take advantage of the situation. Sound strangely famular.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2013/02/23/daytona-fans-injured-wreck-crash-nationwide-race-safety-catchfence/1942087/

Very lucky it was just sheet metal and a tire although still deadly, and not that engine block. That fence did what it was suppose to for the most part. And they have come along way cars aren't "doing the Richard petty" any more and in all respects I believe ernhart died due to his lack of safety not the technology at the time. I also agree with you as a spectator you need to pay attention and you take on a certain risk. a few years ago I was photographing some racing from a spectator area at a local road racing track when a guy on a suzuki GSXR 750 went down and his bike literally landed 5' from where I had been standing and had jumped two walls.