• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Remington R-25 by Bushmaster

irishmike

I know that Bushmaster makes the R-25 for Remington, but from what I can tell Remington only offers that dopey paint scheme one. Bushmaster on the other hand does not offer a 20" barrel of their own that I can find. Am I just missing it.

I guess my real question is this. Is there a black (or tan) R-25 offered?

I like the R-25, but I am not keen on spending that money for a rifle I will have to change the rail on and paint.

I know that Bushmaster makes the R-25 for Remington, but from what I can tell Remington only offers that dopey paint scheme one. Bushmaster on the other hand does not offer a 20" barrel of their own that I can find. Am I just missing it.

I guess my real question is this. Is there a black (or tan) R-25 offered?

I like the R-25, but I am not keen on spending that money for a rifle I will have to change the rail on and paint.

i havent seen a rem not camoed and i dont think they are offered that way unfortunately. the remington and bushmaster are also both the same as the DPMS and i know they have a 20" barrel and black. i loved the rem too but did not want to have a black upper on a camo bottom or have to paint such.

I ended up just getting a bushmaster ORC cuase the price is right but i would love to find a rem 20" upper for it or build one in black.

That's what I was gonna say...  The Rem is a DPMS.  <thumbsup>

I heard the remncame with a single stage trigger any one fired one to know if that is true? I shot a buddies dpms sporadical and his had twice the trigger pull my bushmaster does so I am wondering if they have different triggers for different models or if it is just a variance in manufacturing. Any one shed some light on the subject?

Yes the triggers are single stage on the R-25.

A DPMS employee once wrote that the trigger they include is just so you can shoot the gun when you get it home. They encourage purchasers to select one of the JP options they offer. They dont expect folks to keep the stock crap trigger. Maybe he has a JP in his Bushmaster

Yes the triggers are single stage on the R-25.

A DPMS employee once wrote that the trigger they include is just so you can shoot the gun when you get it home. They encourage purchasers to select one of the JP options they offer. They dont expect folks to keep the stock crap trigger. Maybe he has a JP in his Bushmaster

Actually the bushmaster is mine and the trigger was better strait out of the box. I just thought it was funny that mine shot better stock than his dpms when they are made by the same people.