• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I'm always the F***ing new guy, LOL

fngmike

Well any forum I join lately I always stick the fng on the front of my name.  If you were in the military you know what an fng is.  If you weren't ask a vet and thank them for their service, lol.  Sorry, I crack myself up.  I started shooting competitive small bore position YEARS ago.  And I don't think I have to tell anyone here once you start shooting you generally can't stop.

It's kind of funny because even though Uncle Sam loaned me a M16A1 for 4 years, I only recently acquired BRD.  I thought it was a durable platform, I just wasn't a big fan of 5.56.  I'm still not really, but I like it for target shooting.  In fact my only assembled 15 is an A2 assembled for service rifle highpower.  I found this site through another site, SnipersHide, and this is really what I've been looking for as my interests are really lying with the bigger gas guns now.

Right now I have 2 purchased uppers, Eagle Arms 16" carbine and 22" version of the 10T.  I purchased 2 stripped EA lowers and only have had funds to complete one.  I'm running a Geissele match trigger in it currently as it's all I have at the moment.  I can't say enough good things about their triggers, but it's also the only "good" brand of AR trigger I've owned.  I'm running a Magpul ACS, Slash buffer, and rifle spring currently.  Right now I'm running a 4X ACOG in a GG&G qr mount.  The 2nd lower will end up with a PRS and this trigger.

I really want to build a dpms lower that takes G3 mags now.  I'm thinking that I want to have one piston upper and might go either POF orhold out until Adams Arms compoletes their .308 kit.

If any of you guys are in FL on the west coast we might run into each other at Manatee or the Wyoming Antelope Club.  Good shooting to you all.