• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Bolt wont stay locked back? lar-8 varmint

hollywood

• 2 months later...

Now that I think about it, mine has done this once or twice now with my PRS stock and the DPMS Stock Spacer as well. Didn't really think about it too hard, because, I just slapped in a new mag and put another round in the chamber, and squeezed the trigger to hit the center of the target again. :banana:

How much did you have to shave off of the spacer to get it correct?

Not shaving the spacer...trimming the stock retention screw.  It is too long, trim off a few threads.

I screwed mine all the way in and was able to mark the exposed threads inside the buffer tube (I think I was able to use a longer marker).  Cut it off with a Dremel disc and deburr.  It now sits flush.

Edited by planeflyer21

I don't right now but try this:

Ensure your rifle has no magazine and that the chamber is unloaded.

Separate your upper and lower receivers.  After setting the upper to the side, remove your buffer assembly and action spring from the receiver extension on the lower receiver, by depressing the buffer retainer on the bottom center of the receiver extension.

Once your buffer assembly and action spring are removed you may shine a light into the front of the receiver extension and you will see the stock (butt plate) screw sticking through the center of the wall at the rear (stock end) of the tube.

You can click on the diagram on this page to get a BIGger picture:  http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=508

Well I wrote it out, then thought "Put it so anyone coming to 308AR can understand it," wrote it out again, then went and looked at the diagram...

Which used different terminology for the parts.  RRA  :thefinger:  .  Changed all the terms to match the diagram on the RRA site.

And on the PRS the buttstock screw is on the adjustable buttstock, the screw you have to cut holds the stock on the tube.

Do you have a little circle on the rear of your buffer from hitting the screw?

Jon