• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My new Titan Lite.....

MiJoPa

I just found this forum, here right before bedtime and I had to join up.... in large part for my newest, (and due to the current condition of my bank account) last firearms purchase for awhile. I will post pics ASAP, but honestly it will be after Thanksgiving most likely since I'm taking this new thunder stick to the Idaho woods to hopefully whack a nice buck or 2, since I've always wanted an AR10 (I know a black rifle in .308), I just got divorced a couple months back so my ex can't tell me not to anymore, and in Idaho you can hunt with just about anything centerfire with a hunting license.

Anyway, this a description of what I just received on the 15th  <thumbsup>:

Fulton Armory AR 308. Titan Lite Rifle

18.5" light weight profile chrome lined barrel (marked FA MP .308 MATCH 1-10 CB)

F/A float tube with full length top rail

Standard trigger (which is tuned beautifully by F/A)

YHM BUIS'

Command Arms Adjustable butt stock (I really like comfort of adjustable stocks but I might check into an A1 fixed for its slightly shorter lop but more stable platform)

Swift Premier 4-10x40 variable (and a set of Leupold QRW high rings which are going back, Long story)

In the end I will simply have to kick myself for not telling the old battle axe to kiss my rear and buying it sooner, but it is better late than never. Was looking at optics and Swift is an outstanding value. Fully coated distortion free glass, shock proof, fog proof, sunshade, lifetime guarantee, and it was $169 via the internets! I own a 1.5-4.5x32 for my AR15 which I bought for $120 5 years ago and it is a sweet little variable.

Thanks for reading and having me aboard.

Mike. 

Thanks for putting out the welcome mat for me!  :)

I tried to post a picture F/A sent me of the rifle I ended up buying, but the site said my pic file was too heavy. I'll try later with another. Fulton Armory had a Titan Lite with an A1 stock and a rail-less float tube.

I swapped the butt stock for an adjustable one, and added a rail running the length of the handguard on top, and the BUIS'. I only had a week's worth of wait(mostly shipping time) because the customer who ordered my rifle originally changed his mind about his choice and thus changed course entirely.... so my gun was on hand. Forgot to mention the hard chromed bolt carrier, and an action as smooth as silk, and a tuned military trigger that took a standard military trigger to places I didn't think was possible.

I'll be hunting in Lewiston/ Elk River region. Stay well,

Mike.

I know man! I didn't want to include a face that only my mama loves in the picture, but I am a little bit shy on the camera technology and had to use the laptop's camera..... Thus the rifle 'rack' is included in the picture too.

Happy is as happy does.... right!?! Having a carefully built FAR in .308 that is guaranteed to shoot MOA or better, (most likely better) even with a light profile chrome lined barrel, and a new scope to match just makes me feel warm and fuzzy. I can't wait to get it into the field/on the range to see what it can do.

I'll tell you something else, I had a couple of questions that arose when I received my rifle from Fulton Armory, so I sent an email. Clint McKee the owner of Fulton called me back personally about 12 hours later, and spoke to me for over 40 minutes answering questions and going into the details of the how's and why's of the way they do things.

All I can say is that I am very impressed with Fulton Armory's attention to detail, and with the patient and respectful manner in which Mr. McKee operates.

Now if I can find a nymphomaniac, girlfriend who's 30, with no kids, trust fund bank account, who loves to shoot and who showers me with praise and generosity, tolerates my gun habit, loves MY kids and lets me drink whiskey with my buddies every other Friday and I'll be complete!

<lmao>