• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

7.62 OBR help

Can I get a larue 7.62 OBR (carbine) owner to help me out with some measurements? I have a PRS stock on mine, I'm attempting to put a carbine buffer tube on it for my LMT sopmod. Larue has told me that the buffer spring(red) and H2 buffer that I have will work in a buffer tube with an internal length of 7 11/16". I just ordered the vltor tube sku: re-10/a5sr its overall length is 7 3/4". Can someone with a 7.62 OBR carbine give me measurements for the length of tube they have, Internal and external as well as buffer length and spring length?

I have my concerns about it because vltor site states:

If you are using the A5SR tube on an Armalite AR-10 carbine and rifle, you must use the Armalite AR-10B Operation Spring (Armalite Part #EA1095) and AR10 Carbine Buffer (Armalite Part #ECO120). Attempting to use this tube with parts other than these, will result in damage to your rifle! If you have any questions about these parts, please contact Vltor Weapon Systems at 866-468-5867 before installation.

With the Vltor A5 receiver extension you'll want to use an Armalite spring and a standard AR-15 H3 buffer (or Armalite buffer). The Aramlite and Vltor A5 receiver extensions are longer than a normal AR-15 carbine receiver extension. For a .308 gun this means you use a regular length AR-15 buffer and a longer Armalite spring.