• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Got my DPMS LR-308 back, hooray!

I just got my DPMS LR-308T back from a trip home to the factory. It had consistent failures to eject, and the great folks at Scheels handled everything, from the original sale through the return. They're great folks!

At the factory, they replaced the ejector and test-fired it to make sure that was the fix. I sure hope they're right.

The entire turn-around time, from taking it to Scheels, and the rifle's delivery back to Scheels from the factory, was exactly four weeks. I don't know about other folks' experience with warranty work, so I don't know if this was fast or slow.

But it sure seemed like a long four weeks to me!

Scheels said they'd simply replace the rifle if it took 6 weeks. I'm glad I didn't go that route--they were willing to replace the rifle on the spot, but I was feeling generous and patient at the time. When I sent the rifle back, it already had a rear-receiver end plate/sling mount added on, which cost me $32.00. Which is a lot of money for something with no moving parts that probably cost $0.75 to produce.

Now it's time to go back to breaking the barrel in, and dialing in the sights at the same time. I have a very cool set of iron sights, and I'll detail all this on a web page I'll share with you all when it's done and put up.

Glad it worked out! DPMS has been responsive to me when I had a problem, I broke an extractor on my 300 Saum last spring and they found one and sent it out even though that rifle was discontinued years ago.

I have read a lot of  not so good stuff about dpms though.

• 4 weeks later...