• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Good products that are cheap

MaDuce

Hay guys. Thought I'd get this thread going since not all of us are well to do. A community compiled list of products that are not very expensive but work well. That means it's for everyone to contribute to.

If the admin will allow me, I'll keep this initial post continually updated over time, as new stuff is added to the thread. I'll have a category list divided in to two prime sections. Suspected good products and verified good products. Each will have an identical list of categories. Please feel free to suggest new ones.

Please try and limit this to products that work very well for the money and are considerably affordable and affordable for what they are. Basically, stuff to consider if you are after good performance but on a tight budget.

VERIFIED

Guns

Uppers

* Red X arms X-Treme..... I have one myself. Works great and prints 1 hole groups at 100 yards. Very large and heavy though. Makes the .308AR feel and shoot like a miniature Barrett M-82A1. Verified by MaDuce

Receivers

* STAR-15..... I have one myself. It has a strong and thick finish on it. Otherwise, it's a typical AR-15 receiver. Verified by MaDuce

Upper Receivers

Bolts, slides and groups:

Barrels

* Red X Arms fluted barrel. I have one myself. Prints one hole groups but it's very heavy duty.  Verified by MaDuce

Stocks, forends/handguards and rails

* Magpul MOE...... You can't go wrong. Standard but pretty, strong and reliable. Lacks in fancy features though. Looks much more attractive in person then in pictures. Especially the foliage green furniture. Verified by MaDuce

Scope mounts

Optics

* Magpul MBUS Gen2. If you wait for the good deals, you'll grab them for about $75 a set. ($45 rear sight, $30 front sight) Sturdy, reliable, and fast to deploy. Easy to maintain and upgrade if necessary. Verified by Robocop1051

Misc. furniture

Ammo

* Miwall......I use it myself. They have two kinds. Light loads and maxed out loads. I am unaware of any middle of the road ammo they make. Their ammo is exceptionally clean and accurate. Performance is what I would expect from high-end loads. Verified by MaDuce

Active body components (charging handles, mag catches etc.)

* Vltor Gunfighter charging handle.....It's actually very affordable for what it is. Makes the gun allot easier to handle. Verified by MaDuce

Muzzle attachments

* Shark muzzle break......I have one myself. Not as big and heavy as I was led to believe. It's efficiency seams very similar to the PWS FSC. Quality, machine work and finish on the Chinese ones is typical of what you'll find in harbor freight products. Basically, if you want a $30 muzzle break that works just as good as the $100+ ones, the Shark is probably your best bet. Verified by MaDuce

* Miculek muzzle break. $35 most places and works awesome. Pretty loud. Verified by blue109

Recoil control (buffers etc.

* DPMS heavy buffer...... I have one on my .308. I never got to compare it with a normal buffer but it cost me $5 less then the cheapest I could find a standard buffer for and the gun has been reliable with very little recoil. Finish is sort of....weak and a little goopy but it works fine and is probably better for less then the standard. Verified by MaDuce

Magazines

* Pro-Mag AK magazines...... I had one of their 7.62x39 10 rounders. Very well made and very reliable. I have yet to see any other AK magazine come close. I wouldn't trade one for 3 Tapco AK magazines. Verified by MaDuce

* Checkmate Desert Eagle magazines...... They ARE the factory Desert Eagle magazine that comes with every new Desert Eagle. I don't think they always sell to the public but when they do they often give you a good price. Verified by MaDuce

Other

SUSPECTED

Guns

Uppers

Receivers

Upper Receivers

Bolts, slides and groups:

Barrels

Stocks, forends/handguards and rails

Scope mounts

Optics

* Sniper 6-24x50mm scope......I've used cheaper/smaller Sniper products in the past. The ones I tried were heavy and rugged but worked exceptionally well compared to literally everything else I could find in the price range. In many ways reminded me of the "die-hard durable but cheap" style of Russian military hardware.The reviews I am reading say the same about this scope, some claiming it matches and even exceeds the overall performance of scopes multitudes more expensive. Since it's only $120, I'll probably pick one up in the near future. Under consideration by MaDuce

Misc. furniture

Ammo

Active body components (charging handles, mag catches etc.)

Muzzle attachments

Recoil control (buffers etc.

Magazines

* Pro-Mag has a reputation for less then great quality and performance but reviews of their synthetic AR-15 magazines seam to indicate they are an exception. Considering my experience with their AK magazines, I don't find this at all hard to believe. They seam to be excelling with synthetic magazines where they fail with steel magazines. Under consideration by MaDuce

Other

Edited by MaDuce