• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Need help on LR308 build

BRD51

I have been looking for information on this forum about parts for my new LR308 build. I have some questions and if this is the wrong place to ask them, please excuse me.

1. I plan to Order a FA Criterion 18.5" barrel. Do I need an adjustable gas block or is it unlikely to ever be over gassed with the rifle length system? I will be using 150 - 168g reloads.

2. I like A2 stocks. Can I buy any A2 AR stock and add the appropriate spring and buffer for the LR 308 and it should be gtg?

3. Does any site sponsor sell LPKs for the LR 308 without FCG?

4. Are most, if not all. AR15 triggers compatable with LR 308 lowers?

Please excuse my ignorance since I have zero experience with the LR 308.

I am no stranger to the AR 15.

Kent

1. Unlikely you'll experience any issues with that barrel. If anything, you might be better off with a heavier buffer instead of the adj GB.

2. Yes. Also check out heavybuffers.com for the appropriate buffer/spring combo.

3. No .308 LPKs, yet. I suggest the Armalite LPK. The parts should be compatible, and IMHO are better made than DPMS, et al. Just double check that you get the AR-10A magazine release, not the AR-10B.

4. Yes. There are some .308 specific triggers out there. They just have heavier hammers and hammer springs. You're ok with jut about any trigger. Just know that some of the high speed 3-gun triggers are known for light strikes. You may hit issues with sturdy NATO primers.

Welcome to our club house!