• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Should I do this or not?

TacBlade

Over the Christmas weekend, we were out on the ranch shooting all of our rifles.  For the first time, I shot a .338 Lapua Magnum and now I just have to have one.  Well, the wife says if I want the one that I do, which is a HS Precision, I have to sell my .50 cal to get it.  Should I sell the .50 cal?  My .50 is 28 pounds and a bitch to haul around.  The .338 Lapua is 13 lbs and shoots out to the same distance as the .50, but in my opinion, more accuratly. I could easily take this out to shoot coyotes way out there or an antelope.  Also, my wifes uncle on the ranch already has a .338 Lapua and is set up for reloading also. I think I can get $3000 for the .5o and all the extras, but the HS .338 Lapua is $3000 for just the rifle.  No scope or anything else?  Help me out here guys? <dontknow>

Yes, I would have to sell the .50 to get the wife to let me spend $3K on another!!  All I really do is shoot at my range out to 600 so far, but have room to shoot 2000 if I dare to try.  Other than that, I might try a coyote or prairie dog or maybe an antelope some day. Just fun stuff!!!  The wife has plenty of money to spend, she just does not let me put my hands on it, yet!!!  We just got married 1 year ago!!!  I work full time still and she does not have to work at all ever again and maybe someday she will give me the nod to do the same?