• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Another BUIS thread....... on a 45*

Was just reading Jonas thread down there about troy sights. Ive been homing in on the Troy HK micro set, I plan on using them for now on top of my troy battlerail and then down the road when I get some glass hang them off the side on a 45* adapter. It seems like alot of people go this route and it makes sense. This will probally be the only 308 I'm gonna build so I kinda dont mind spending a lil more now and take my time with it. That being said I want to be able to keep them somewhat out out the way and tucked in on that 45, Is this realistic and what 45 mounts would you recomend.

Ive got a DPMS upper with f/a and a 13.8 battlerail.

EDIT : just realized I can mount a piece of rail angled on the extreme battlerail, BUT would that line up with a 45 mount for the rear sight?

Edited by Toolndie7

EDIT : just realized I can mount a piece of rail angled on the extreme battlerail, BUT would that line up with a 45 mount for the rear sight?

Probably won't line up, man.  Might not be off by much, but you'd have a hell of a time trying to see the difference - and zero those sights. 

Ive been homing in on the Troy HK micro set ...

If you're interested in those sights...

I have a set of Troy Micro sights I might be willing to part with. I have the DiOptic rear with the HK front, both have the tritium inserts. I just looked online and Troy is selling the same set for over $300. If a member here wants them, I'll make them a much better deal.

This is a rare combo. Half because it's unconventional, and half because of the cost. I love the sights, but I'm thinking of doing things differently and they don't fit in my plan any more.

I have a set of Troy Micro sights I might be willing to part with. I have the DiOptic rear with the HK front, both have the tritium inserts. I just looked online and Troy is selling the same set for over $300. If a member here wants them, I'll make them a much better deal.

I may just have to take you up on that offer in the near future.  Yeah troy lists those 2 sights at exactly $308   Thank You for giving me that option.