• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Safety first! just a reminder

Toolndie7

Could you get a 30cal bullet in a 223cal throat?

Nope.

Even if you lodged the .30 cal projo into the 5.56 chamber, I don't think the bolt would compress into the BCG.  The BCG has to be almost closed for the cam pin to rotate over (in the internal cutout inside the left side of the upper), and have the bolt rotate in the locking lugs.

In light of that - the firing pin can't contact the primer, if the bolt is not fully compressed in that BCG.  

Nope.

Even if you lodged the .30 cal projo into the 5.56 chamber, I don't think the bolt would compress into the BCG.  The BCG has to be almost closed for the cam pin to rotate over (in the internal cutout inside the left side of the upper), and have the bolt rotate in the locking lugs.

In light of that - the firing pin can't contact the primer, if the bolt is not fully compressed in that BCG.  

What about a subsonic load with major set back. Would there be enough room in the case for this line of thought.

What about a subsonic load with major set back. Would there be enough room in the case for this line of thought.

.308 caliber neck on the casing, complete setback on the projo?  Maybe - the casing itself would probably close a bolt on a 5.56 rifle.  I'll try that out, with an empty BLK case. 

Ouch! I'm not a reloader, and I always use quality ammo, at the range I never do tap rack and bang. I ALWAYS check the barrel on any of firearms incase that ammo was made at beer-thirty on the day before a holiday weekend lol. That's intersting that the bolt is still semi locked up. I think it was a hot round too much powder or wrong kind. One of our guys bought some "re-manufactured" ammo and shot it. The back of the shell casing melted to the bolt and shoved it back into the carrier splitting it open, as well as blowing out the metal mag from the mag well.