• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

IMR 4320 with CCI 250 LRM primers

BRD51

If I worked up a load using IMR 4320 and CCI 200 primers can I safely use the same load if I switch to CCI 250 Large Rifle Primers. I am not at max powder for the .308 load. If this were a .223 I would have no issues switching to CCI 450 primers on a load I had worked up with CCI 400 primers.

If I worked up a load using IMR 4320 and CCI 200 primers can I safely use the same load if I switch to CCI 250 Large Rifle Primers. I am not at max powder for the .308 load. If this were a .223 I would have no issues switching to CCI 450 primers on a load I had worked up with CCI 400 primers.

Out of curiosity, are you using this in an AR308? IMR4320 is a little on the slow side of the spectrum, but I'm always interested in how different powders perform in our rifles. How is the accuracy? Cycling action? Etc.

IMR 4320 is my most accurate powder out of a LR308 18.5" barrel. I use 44.7g with a 168g bthp and CCI 200 primers and it cycles fine. It is more accurate than IMR 4895, blc2, or Win 748 of the other powders I have tried. I don't know about velocity as I have not used a chrony on this load yet. I only shoot paper at 100 yards so I don't care about velocity that much. As long as it cycles fine, and is accurate, I am gtg. At some time in the past year, I loaded 18 rounds with CCI 250 primers but I don't know which 18 rounds I loaded. That is my concern. I don't recall even purchasing these primers. I must have been so overjoyed at finding large rifle primers that I didn't see the CCI 250, only the Large Rifle Primers designation.