• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

MagPul AK mags

greenmist

Yup, it looks like MP has finished their move, are getting caught up with organizational things, and back into production modes. 

I'll load up 25 rounds into an MP I ordered, and weigh it against one of the steel units I received with my Zastava.

The MP AK units may be out there, but this was the most recent online "in stock" I could locate, AND flat rate shipping.

1051-is there more than one derivation of 6.8s? I'm relatively familiar with a Grendel, or was that a 6.5?   

1051-is there more than one derivation of 6.8s? I'm relatively familiar with a Grendel, or was that a 6.5?

Technically there's three:

• 6.8x43 (the original design, pre-SPC)

• 6.8 SPC (SAAMI)

• 6.8 SPC II (non-SAMMI, but considered better)

If I'm correct, each upgrade can shoot all the previous chambers. Similar to how 5.56x45 can shoot .223, but .223 can't shoot 5.56x45.

LWRCi recently released a new receiver, with a wider magwell, designed to use their proprietary 30 round 6.8 SPC II PMAG. I have no clue if this new receiver, or the new PMAG, will work with standard AR parts or smaller caliber ammo.

So far, I believe this new rifle is exclusive to their overseas military contract, until their order Is completed.