• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

So glad I moved this site to a different host

imschur

Some of you might recall the forum change also came with a host and server change. At that time I migrated this and three other sites. I left all my other sites at the original host simply because it was easy. Well about a week ago I noticed my guitar site a wordpress blog was gone. This blog was hosted on a new type of server specifically configured for the software it was running. Well the site vaporized into thin air for the 3rd time. Tech support was replying in 36 hour increments. My passwords would work remotely but not internally at the server (wtf?) I ended up missing the 2 week back up retention period and lost the site. Still should have been no big deal as the site had a complete backup on my personal server prior to the move to the specialized server. Well tech support did "something" in an effort to restore and my backup was suddenly a blank install and an empty database. So 18 months work up in smoke with the exception of images and customizations. So last week I moved every site but one over to this server that we run this site on. This hosts responds in minutes rather than days. Next step is to move all my domain registrations to a registrar rather than a host.

Needless to say Im pissed by the entire event. Shame on me for not picking a way at all this long ago. 

Anyhow why do you guys care? Well right now the sites are duplicated on both servers but Monday I will make the DNS changes to point to the new location and there will be down time at all my sites except for this one and tactical22....

Thanks man!! It will be interesting to see how much impact this move will have on the resources. We spike some pretty heavy loads on cpu and ram. Bandwidth and storage are not an issue. Tech support at Liquid Web has been great helping with performance tweaks suited to our needs.

Thanks man!! It will be interesting to see how much impact this move will have on the resources. We spike some pretty heavy loads on cpu and ram. Bandwidth and storage are not an issue. Tech support at Liquid Web has been great helping with performance tweaks suited to our needs.

Liquid Web is pretty good. The server I got is a leased server out somewhere in the east cost and I stuck web hosting software on top of it. Lots of CPU/RAM to spare.