• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Phase 5 Bolt hold open

SICARIO

Oh yes!!!  Is it similar to the Magpul version?  I have never tried one of those?  Do they improve on things?

Big improvement in the operation of the weapon.  SICARIO hit it - the Phase 5 is the only thing going for a .308 AR.  It would take some "metal massage" to make the Magpul BAD work on one of these.  I've got the Magpul on every AR-15 I own - I love what it does for the Manual of Arms for this platform.  <thumbsup>

Big improvement in the operation of the weapon.  SICARIO hit it - the Phase 5 is the only thing going for a .308 AR.  It would take some "metal massage" to make the Magpul BAD work on one of these.  I've got the Magpul on every AR-15 I own - I love what it does for the Manual of Arms for this platform.  <thumbsup>

for the AR-15, would you stick with the BAD lever, or go with the Phase 5 1 piece lever?  Trying to decide between the two for my AR

for the AR-15, would you stick with the BAD lever, or go with the Phase 5 1 piece lever?  Trying to decide between the two for my AR

For what I'm used to with the BAD, I'd stay with it over the P5 EBR.  I like the serations (for grip) on the top and bottom of the BAD, at the end.  They work, and you're only hitting it with the end of your index finger, so they're in the right place to do what they're designed to do.  I have no experience (no use) with the EBR, so I'm not saying it's not good - I'm saying I like the BAD, and I wouldn't consider taking it off to run something else.  <thumbsup>

Nope, won't clear the upper receiver cutouts.  There's only ONE upper that's in development that is designed to accomodate the BAD - the one coming from Spike's Tactical.  Only thing you can use with the current crop of .308s out now is the P5 EBR.

I'm posting this in the hope that it may be of some use to the guys that are buiding on the MA TEN receiver set. I tried a Magpul BAD on my Mega carbine and it actually fit pretty well. It functioned without any mods but rubbed the bottom radius on the side of the lower. I threw it in the mill and clearanced it, but you could just as easily do it will a dremel tool if you were careful. I haven't fired the gun yet so I don't guarantee anything but it functions fine when I work the gun by hand and I don't think I've really weakened it very much. It actually tucks in better on the .308 than it does on my AR-15.

post-164-136297265377_thumb.jpg

post-164-136297265379_thumb.jpg