• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

DPMS Bolt Carrier Group

warthog984

So....I just got my second DPMS bolt carrier group today from Midway USA.  The first one I got had a bad ejector and the roll pin for the ejector was really beat up.  This was causing my issues with getting round to chamber.  I called Midway and they sent me a new BCG.  I have yet to send the old one back because I replaced the ejector and roll pin and I know it works.  I was thinking of keeping the second BCG, but I a was a little concerned when I saw how sloppy the bolt fits in the carrier.  It feels like the gas rings are making good contact, but the forward face of the bolt is moving around.  I have never had a bolt this sloppy in any of my AR15s.  Also, the firing pin retainer was really loose.  No big deal except someone ground the tip of the retaining pin and it looks like poop.  I have always steered clear of DPMS.  Not a big fan of Freedom Group.  I felt this may have been my best option for my build.  Does anyone else notice QC issues from DPMS parts?  I will have this BCG exchanged for a new one, but I am hoping the new one is fine.  Any other brands that I should be looking at for DPMS pattern?  My understanding is that Fulton Armory is a re-branded DPMS.   

Edited by warthog984

I have a factory bolt that has the cam pin hole drilled slightly off. caused me tons of headache. I had just thrown it in a drawer and replaced it with a new jp bolt and forgot about it. just the other day I found it and got annoyed so I emailed DPMS. they sent me a RMA. figure I paid for it, might as well get my moneys worth.