• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Traded my glock

BigP623

Also, befor shooting with ball, or especially +p, you need to replace the recoil spring with a new "standard" 17# spring or higher.   the Gold Cup used a lighter spring for target loads.

Also, disamble the slide and frame, and check the slide for locking lug wear, from shooting hot loads in it!

Yea I ran across the spring issue when doing some research on the gun.  I may just put it up for now until i decide ultimately what I want to do with it.  

The internals look to have normal wear for a gun its age.  Nothing terrible or excessive looking to me.

BigP, if that gun has the original Gold Cup sear in it (and it probably does) don't take the fire control group out, you'll never get it all back together properly. The GC sear has an extra spring loaded piece on the side to absorb the bounce from the heavier factory GC trigger and it's almost impossible to get the sear assembly back in without using a slave pin. You can't leave the extra piece out either, the sear has been narrowed to make room for it.