• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Whitetail #2 down!

DEER HUNTER

He's not as good as my other one I posted but he's a much bigger bodied deer. I shot him while chasing a doe and hit him a little further back then I wanted but that's what happens when hunting in a swamp where the trees are 2' apart.

I've been hunting with my new AP4 but have had no luck so I took out my Remington 700 30.06 with new timney trigger and bingo.

post-15366-0-74854000-1417524913_thumb.j

post-15366-0-41175200-1417524928_thumb.j

In Georgia we can take 2 bucks and 10 does and in truth I've never 2nd guessed that. But this year I've noticed the does were far and few in between.

There is a buck only time during December but I'm thinking 10 does are to many to take per hunter.

I've shot 3 deer this year and my freezers full however I'm trying to shoot one more for my parents.

• 2 weeks later...

That's one thing we don't typically have, a harsh snow filled winter that is.

One thing we do have to deal with is farmers that are sick of their crops being eaten by herds of deer. So they get crop permits and shoot any they see. I understand their frustration but as a hunter I don't want the deer wiped out either.