• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

DRD Tactical NIB-X 308 Bolt Carrier Group

4150bandit

I hate when these boutique shops open up and think their shiit smells like potpourri. If they were a company who's product was really worth $$$$, you wouldn't be asking if anyone had info on them. Instead you'd see pages and pages of glowing, stellar reviews.

A prime example would be the Sharps "Relia-bolt". Old company delving into a new market with a new design. Currently selling for $75-$80... next year I bet it jumps $50 as the popularity is exploding. If they jumped into the market with a $150 bolt, they would have never been discovered.

Fcuk "the rule" on this one. There's no effin reason why DRD should be charging that kind of scratch for their BCG. Unless some imported supermodel is going to personally deliver it, and then finish you off with a handjob, it's not worth the $$$.

Go with ANY of the four alternatives that Blksheep posted. Erase DRD from your cache, and forget they exist.

A prime example would be the Sharps "Relia-bolt". Old company delving into a new market with a new design. Currently selling for $75-$80... next year I bet it jumps $50 as the popularity is exploding. If they jumped into the market with a $150 bolt, they would have never been discovered.

Actually... About 3-4 years ago SRC popped up on LF.net and asked members about improvements that could be made to the AR platform. They specifically mentioned their planned bolt redesign as well as redoing parts of the lower. At the time they only had regular forged lowers, and some well-trusted members got their hands on them and had good things to say (attention to detail). When the Reliabolt got released it was in the $120+ range IIRC, however they lowered that price to $80 (same as a trusted and quality mil-spec bolt) when they decided to go to direct sales instead of using a distributor.

To date I've only seen two bolt failures, and both were on the same gun, a 10.5" suppressed gun with no adjustable gas block. That's not quite convincing enough to write them off for me.

Apparently the first bolt I bought from them was in the initial "improperly heat treated" batch and they shipped me a new bolt ASAP. The bolt I originally had doesn't show any signs of abnormal wear, and I plan on using it further in my 16" gun to see if it does fail or not (the new bolt is going in my 11.5" Shibi-blaster). Their CS has been fantastic in terms of response time and ease to deal with.