• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Bushmaster Magpul Furniture

Planes-N-Guns

Hello, I am new to the site and owning a AR based .308. I just got a Bushmaster ORC and like it so far. Picked up some 20rd Magpul mags and they work great (as did the supplied factory magazine). The stock and handguards feel cheap so I want to go with Magpul replacements, (I wouldnt be in this position if I didnt have a Magpul edition DoubleStar in 5.56!). My question is do I need to be aware of anything regarding stocks, handguards, grips, etc.? On the Magpul site, I havent seen much seperating the 5.56 vs 7.62 except for mags. Compatability is my concern. Thanks and sorry if this has been covered before.

Most rear furniture (grips and stocks) fit on the 308 models. Those that don't fit, just need a little persuasion frpm a dremmel. Handguards are a little trickier, but quite a few guys have shoe-horned their 308's into a MOE. As for trigger guards, most 308 model AR's come with fixed trigger guards. They are usually already shaped to the similar bend of the Magpul, allowing ease of use from a gloved finger.

The only difference between the 7.62 and 5.56 versions of the PRS stock, is the size of the cheek piece. The 7.62 needed a longer pull for the charging handle. If you have a side charging 7.62, you can use either PRS stock.

• 2 weeks later...

The Bushmaster lower on your gun is made by DPMS.  Fixed trigger guard.  No replacement.  The MOE grip on it will give you the exact same fitment as the MIAD grip.  It'll look like this when installed:

LR30804.jpg

LR30805.jpg

It's real easy to flush that grip into the lower, with a little patience and some handy Dremel work.  You can get it looking like this:

LR30806.jpg

LR30808.jpg

Details here:

http://308ar.com/forum/index.php/topic,130.0.html

Set-screw your takedown pin hole for the MagPul grips, either MOE or MIAD.  <thumbsup>

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, the Bushmaster .308 lower features a standard AR-type removable trigger guard. This is one of the details that differentiate it from its DPMS brethren.

Just noticed that on the Bushmaster MOE .308...  Cool change.  <thumbsup>