• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

new larue predator

edgecrusher

larue tactical has announced at shot show 2011 that they will be offering a light weight version of the obr, dubbed the predator, for both calibers of the obr. it will be offered in 16 and 18 inch barrels, offering the 16 inch obr 308 model at an unloaded weight of under 8 lbs!!! i just sent them an email inquiring when they will be accepting orders and will keep everyone up to date. can't wait to add it to my 20" standard as a battle rifle in my safe!

i think for her it's an ejection port thing. brass whizzing in front of her eyes. she is thinking of a stag, which may end up being my first frankengun. never did a real build but i would try to make it the best i could for her. i would feel better about building her a 71 chevelle with 454 and 200 shot!

If you can build that, than you won't have a problem with an AR . A lefty is no different .

That ejection thing, you just have to get used to it.

Everyone should be practicing with the weak hand also . Even your side arms should be practiced both ways ,just not as much.

My wife is also a lefty & she has learned to fire right handed ,both in AR's & hand guns.

jp from larue just emailed me, he says they will take the pre- order now, except they will not send me the rifle with with the ctr stock, only an a2, which he says is all they ship to mass. that's bs because my obr came with a prs, which i know is fixed, but come on, i don't have a machine shop at home but drill a hole, pin it, tack with a welder and done. little frustrated now

could be a total deal breaker, i hate to say it, but that's that. i've also been talking to primary weapon systems, and they will pin the stock, their rifle is also in the realm of what want, i.e. light weight .308 battle rifle. yes they have a piston system, but i haven't found any negative feed back, online or on paper, to sway me away. oh larue you broke my heart :(