• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sierra 125gr Match King for the 300 Black Out

TenRingKing

Had ordered a box of these to play with loading for my 308x39 AR, and found that this one will not work in this load. Way to long. Does look like it should work in 308W, so going to play with that and see. I did want to say though how impressed I was with this bullet. Looks to be a one of a kind design, unlike other flat base Sierra bullets. The cone shape taper changes at the tip into a micro hollow point. Very nice!  At the velocity and twist rate of the 300,   this bullet looks like it should be nothing less then crazy accurate. The long size should fit the mag nicely.  Wanted to see if any 300 loaders have used these and what kind of accuracy your getting. Sierra has given you guys something realy nice to work with.

I looked around there and did not find anyone talking about these. I can't believe these are not one of the more popular choices. I shoot Target, thats what I do. I shoot  different high quality target bullets, most of them are Lapua ,& Berger, 100 to 125gr range. I know a real nice bullet when I see it. Sierra MK bullets are one of the best, the 135grMK is my "Heavy Bullet" load and just kicks ass at 200 yards. No problems with there quality. Sierra is not taking a back seat to no one with this bullet, Its realy that nice. The only thing I think they missed, because this bullet is so long, was not installing a Lapua style crimping cannelure on this bullet that is designed for a semi-auto app.. That does help in semi auto match reloading. One of the biggest reasons I love the Lapua 100 & 123gr 30 cal bullets. The cannelure is slight and precise Not a end all, but seems to work well. Just surprised, since most 300 owners reload, there not all over this bullet.        

Edited by TenRingKing

Didn't they just come out with that bullet last year ? 

I pretty much only load 110 gr. Bullets for my 300BLK AR any more , but I'm more into Bullet performance in wild game , so to speak . <thumbsup>

I'm all about the Hornady 150gr FMJBT, because it's still supersonic, and nobody loads it for .308 Win - so it's always on the shelves.  Good, moderately heavy, slightly fast 300BLK load.  <thumbsup>

I'm all about the Hornady 150gr FMJBT, because it's still supersonic, and nobody loads it for .308 Win - so it's always on the shelves.  Good, moderately heavy, slightly fast 300BLK load.  <thumbsup>

Now I am "Nobody", from Ninja to Pimp to Nobody ! LOL !

This is my plinker bullet(150grhpbt). The 168gr is my target bullet.

I did a test a couple years ago with tipped 125 gr bullets and groups of 1.5" was the normal shot pattern. I felt they got blown around by wind very easily.

Didn't they just come out with that bullet last year ? 

I pretty much only load 110 gr. Bullets for my 300BLK AR any more , but I'm more into Bullet performance in wild game , so to speak . <thumbsup>

These are a new item. The design, long taper, tip design,short heavy base, is a good combo to create a tumbling effect,  if it does, could be used for hunting of self defence. Looking forward to some gel testing on this bullet.           https://www.sierrabullets.com/store/product.cfm/sn/2121/308-dia-125-gr-HP-MatchKing