• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

DPMS Oracle labeling says ".308 multi"

Hello,

My friend's son recently purchased a DPMS Oracle.  He likes it and it seems to be a great gun.  I haven't seen it first hand, but my friend says the firearm is labeled ".308 multi"  

I'm not sure if this marking is on the barrel or on the lower receiver.  I'm not sure what this "multi" marking would mean.  I know that the DPMS website states that all the Oracles are chambered for .308Win/7.62x51.  Does anyone here have an explanation?

I have purchased AR style stripped lower receivers before that were marked "multi-cal" before.  

Thanks in advance for any information or insight anyone may have on this subject. 

Shovel  is it a factory built gun or assembled by someone?

"We stamp the letter ”K” on the end of the serial number (eg. FH12345K) to indicate a NON factory built rifle. No “K” in the serial number means factory built"

from the DPMS website         Wash

I didn't know that wash, nice. They had some lowers  marked 338 and judging by how they all went on super cheap clearance I'd guess they decided to just stamp them multi cal from now on.

Blue  Yep I bought a couple of the 338's the price was nice on closeout  Wash

I would assume its reads DPMS on them & don't recall ever seeing a DPMS stamped Lower with Multi on it .  Of course ,That's assuming it does read DPMS on the Lower Receiver . Maybe someone built one like the DPMS Oracle & said its a DPMS type Receiver , built like an DPMS Oracle . Or a DPMS Oracle complete Upper assembly & a 308 Multi , on the Lower from another manufacturer