• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Optic help for carbine

Hey folks,
I just decided to reward myself with a new firearm, DPMS GII Recon Carbine .308/7.62. I have high hopes for it. So I will mainly be punching paper around 100-400 yards and due to the lightweight nature of this weapon I'm hoping that I might be able to take some rifle classes and even a "go to gun," if I ever have to defend my family.

I have about 300 to spend on an optic. What do you folks recommend? I'm thinking something in the 1-4 range but I'm not sure. Maybe something with illumination?

I'm thinking a Burris mount as well, like a Pepr - that's separate from the budget though.

I appreciate the help!

I am seeing alot of talk about this one - thanks guys. What about Redfield Revenge 2-7 X 34mm Rifle Scope 4-Plex Reticle Matte Black 115204

I have the Redfield Revolution in 2-7x33mm.  Made in Oregon and a very good scope for the price.  Full lifetime warranty.  Got mine retail for well below the MSRP.

https://www.redfield.com/_media/downloads/Revolution_2-7x33mm.pdf

I've had the DPMS Gen2 Recon since early 2013 - have about 5K rounds through it with no issues.  I started with an Eotech XPS-2, then went with a Leupold VX-6 1-6 ballistic fire dot, and now a Leupold VX-R 4-12x56.  I just keep wanting to reach out further and further !  

vpwx15.jpg

Beautiful gun! Great setup! I imagine has time goes on I will upgrade the optic like you have, but I cannot pay 1k+ right now. Gotta save those pennies lol.

Okay - I might have went a little crazy here but I found another optic and ordered it. It seems to be a closeout. The reviews looked good. Do any of you guys have any experience with it:

Weaver Super Slam Series Tactical Rifle Scope - 2-10x36mm Illum. EMDR Reticle Matte from: http://www.natchezss.com/2-10x36-tactical-precision-scope.html

it seems like a solid piece at a great price!