• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

MagPul PMAG Limiters

98Z5V

In case some haven't seen these yet - MagPul has released their own PMAG round limiters for the 5.56 mags.  It's only time before they come for the 7.62 mags, for sure.  There are 5-rd limiters and 10-rd limiters available now, both of which are for the PMAG-20 stuff.  Progress, for hunters and stoopid states (possibly).  <thumbsup>

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG280/101

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG281/101

I'm betting that they're using that disclaimer on purpose - for ban states.  It's not a permanent alteration to the magazine, as you could still remove the baseplate and take the limiter out.  Being non-permanent makes it non-compliant.  If you rivet that base plate on there after installing the limiters (some companies already do this for ban compliance), you'd probably pass initial scrutiny with local law enforcement.  <dontknow>

My disclaimer:  I'm not advocating that anybody tries this to lower your magazine capacity in order to comply with your ban state's laws and regulations.  Do so at your own risk and your own discretion...  <dontknow>

There's an oufit in Kalifornia putting limiters in then pin and epoxy the base on...claim to be ban compliant....BATF had table at gun show this weekend. Woulda been good question for them..wish I'd thought of it then...been looking at Pmags for awhile trying to figure out a "legal" way to turn em into 10 rounders .