• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

A2 Flash Hider Needed for AR-15 Build

jtallen83

Just figured out the SLR comp I was planning on using for an AR-15 build will come up .1 inch short of the required 16 inch. I was hoping the Ballistic Advantage 14.7 inch was going to make it work, close but close don't cut it on barrel length! Looks like an A2 will get me just past the bullchit rule so I thought I'd see if any members have a spare kicking around they don't need.

Just figured out the SLR comp I was planning on using for an AR-15 build will come up .1 inch short of the required 16 inch. I was hoping the Ballistic Advantage 14.7 inch was going to make it work, close but close don't cut it on barrel length! Looks like an A2 will get me just past the bullchit rule so I thought I'd see if any members have a spare kicking around they don't need.

I'm guessing your gonna pin and weld this barrel? Could we just machine a .100" 'washer' that would blend into the profile?? 

I'm guessing your gonna pin and weld this barrel? Could we just machine a .100" 'washer' that would blend into the profile?? 

Just chucked it in the mail to Adco. The only local welders I would let touch it didn't want to "work on guns".  I broke two bits trying to drill the flash hider so I'd had enough, for $36 shipped Adco does them and I figured they would have a pile of experience compared to anyone I would eventually find around here.

I do like the blended washer idea, might hit you up on a future build. Gotta love this forum full of great members!

Just chucked it in the mail to Adco. The only local welders I would let touch it didn't want to "work on guns".  I broke two bits trying to drill the flash hider so I'd had enough, for $36 shipped Adco does them and I figured they would have a pile of experience compared to anyone I would eventually find around here.

I do like the blended washer idea, might hit you up on a future build. Gotta love this forum full of great members!

anytime brother.