• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New M855A1 Ammo

MikedaddyH

So we need a bullet that will accurately and reliably punch 1/4" steel, and still prove consistently lethal on a "teeny-tiny-torsoed Taliban-y".  Anybody ready to just stop screwing with teeny bullets and try a different caliber/rifle/bullet combination?  6.8 SPC?  Or, gee, maybe something in .308 win/7.62x51?  

I'm guessing those of us on this forum might be able to show them some nice examples/samples/suggestions.....    

So far, the fookers haven't asked me for my opinion....Surprise!   Possibly because I'm not a committee that makes a poor decision after years of "planning and research".

On a 6.8scp note .... I shot some 150gr - .27caliber projectiles at they cycled fine over the weekend.

Wow, that's a pretty weighty 6.8 bullet.  What's the brief specs on the rifle?  (Sorry, don't intend to put a wrinkle in the path of this thread....)  Bullet type?  COL?

24" barrel  6.8spc2

RP case - cci34 primer - 24.0gr H335 

Speer 150grSP    2.285"- 2.290" COAL

More fat in a human. Hmm does that mean an even bigger bang when it hits? #thatsgunnahurt

if that's the case shooting my chunky ass would result in an explosion equal to a low yield nuke... ;-)

as for the 150 gr .277 bullets you can get them pointy or round nosed, maybe for sub-sonic loads...

Edited by Dale

• 2 weeks later...