• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

parts upgrade for glocks

edgecrusher

If your planning on shooting lead bullets, than a cut rifled barrel should be number one on your agenda. A light weight connector for match work, plus an oversized slide release and mag release. A steel guide rod is also very good as the plastic ones get scuffed up pretty quickly. If you want to really get a high tech race gun than sell the glock and buy a 1911, the polymer frame on a glock is too limiting for a real race gun.

I have done about everthing that can be done on a Glock or changed out. Right now, I have my G23 out to Bowie Tactical for a stipple job.  The KKM barrel is a good choice and any guide rod is better than the factory plastic one. Tungsten will add weight to reduce felt recoil.

A steel guide rod is also very good as the plastic ones get scuffed up pretty quickly.

...and any guide rod is better than the factory plastic one.

You guys aren't serious, are you?  Plastic guide rod comes stock?!!?  I fired a Glock once, and I don't even remember what model or caliber it was - that bullpoopy trigger thing and my first round was enough to make me realize I'd never, ever want to shoot a Glock again.  Talk about Recoil Anticipation - no way around it, for me, with that trigger.  Straight into the dirt.  One shot, one "never again with this gun..."  <dontknow>

Daddy No Like...  :o <dontknow>

thanks tac, you just cost about $300  <lmao>. sw, it isn't that i don't want a 1911, but alas my lovely state gun laws deny me the right to purchase a kimber,les bear,nighthawk, or any other nice model out there. generally whats left is smith, sig, and the occasional pre bans. i just haven't found one i like of those yet i guess. i really like the way my glocks shoot,and improving on that is what i want to do for now. as for your experience 98, not sure what happened but personal preference is the reason there are so many types and styles out there. if you look at savage arms rifles, all their triggers are like glock triggers now, but i forget the name they give it

i will add, Glocks are not the perfect pistola, everyone has a preferance. My opinion, is that they became very popular with Law Enforcement because they are easy to handle, ie. just pull the trigger and that is all you have to do to make them shoot, just like revolvers, but with high cap mags. Nothing to mess with. Some say they are not accurate, well, like all pistols, that depends on who is pulling the trigger. Now 1911's are the poop!!! The military screwed up big time when they dropped the 1911 and of course the 45acp round is very much needed for stopping power and they have now finnally figured this out with all the wars we have been in since adopting the 9mm.